Menu

Let down and impatient

Night Elf

I got 2 Stitch Fix boxes. The first was good. The second was a bust. Then I got 1 box from Trunk Club. From the two services, I only kept 6 items total. Yes, they were a little expensive but they were worth it. So now I'm feeling down because I *really* want a new trunk. My stylist gets me. Some of the clothing I had to send back was because I gave the wrong size, and DH was sitting with me and suggesting how much I could spend which meant I couldn't ask for an exchange of those items. He only did that because I had recently had a Stitch Fix box and he was worried I'd go overboard, especially because I bought 3 skirts, 1 shirt, and a pair of flats on my own. He said I could get a new box in December as my Christmas gift and keep as much of it I want. But that's December! That's 3 months I have to wait! I hate waiting!

And I feel let down because I was riding a high with the experience and now it's over for a while. I want that high back. I really wish he'd let me set up a subscription! Haha! That's too much to ask. I don't need that many clothes but getting new ones that work is addictive.

I spent about $150 on the first 3 items and $135 on the 2nd 3 items. Then from Amazon, I bought 3 skirts at $25 each, a shirt that was $20. Then I went to the shoe store and paid nearly $50 for new shoes. That's nearly $430 in one month on clothes and shoes. That's a lot of money in a short period of time. It wasn't a matter of him saying No because he's Lord of the manor, but he was thinking of how much was going out in one month. In addition, we have a dd in college and we pay all her expenses and with her counseling and Uber rides and other medical stuff, we pay a lot of money each month on that. So no, I didn't have the right to spend even more so soon. That's just good financial sense.

• Like 9

It's addictive! Especially since you haven't done anything for yourself in while. I know you have been looking for fun hippie skirts, and you can really find some good ones at the thrift stores if you need a cheap fix lol...

Maybe you can find some other form of self care in the meantime that makes you feel good about yourself. Or a new hobby to take your mind off of shopping! I am back to obsessing about my home renovation project and reorganizing my house while I wait for my next fix. 😃

Do you have clothing in your household budget?

We don't have a budget anymore but when we did, it certainly wasn't $400/month. Now we just buy stuff when we need or want it. I haven't bought clothes or shoes for myself in at least a year. And I was really trying to change my wardrobe, not just add to it. I am going shopping this weekend to get a few last bits. I need at least 2 tank tops and 2-3 blouses. Then I'll be set for a while.

I bought 2 of these skirts from Amazon. I got a 3rd skirt at Macy's that's not as full, but is as long.

I bought one of these about 2 weeks ago.  My daughter liked it so much I ended up buying her 3 of them.  I'd like another one but with everyone needing new clothes at once (my DH also just got most of his shirts and a few pants replaced), I can't justify the cost. But I do love the skirt.  It's very comfy.

Let us know how it works after you have washed it. I'd be nervous about the 95% Rayon

Exactly my fear. My black skirt is rayon too but it says wash and dry and I've done that twice and it's fine. These two new rayon skirts say hand wash cold and hang dry. I bought some mesh bags. I'm going to wash one on a delicate cycle and see how it does. If it messes up, I won't do the other skirt and will replace the damaged one. I'll hang dry them though. I"m not willing to test out my dryer, even on it's delicate cycle.

Since you are starting to refine your taste/wardrobe, can you hit some clearance racks to get your fix until December? Dress Barn has cute and trendy clothes and very good clearance prices. IME, their clothes last for years, very good quality. I can always find something at TJ Maxx as well. Maybe even a few cute accessories to go with your new clothes could take care of the urge! 

Best rayon tip ever - if it wrinkles like mad on you, spritz it with a little water and shake them out. When you wear he garment slightly damp it dries nice and wrinkle free.

I got 2 Stitch Fix boxes. The first was good. The second was a bust. Then I got 1 box from Trunk Club. From the two services, I only kept 6 items total. Yes, they were a little expensive but they were worth it. So now I'm feeling down because I *really* want a new trunk. My stylist gets me. Some of the clothing I had to send back was because I gave the wrong size, and DH was sitting with me and suggesting how much I could spend which meant I couldn't ask for an exchange of those items. He only did that because I had recently had a Stitch Fix box and he was worried I'd go overboard, especially because I bought 3 skirts, 1 shirt, and a pair of flats on my own. He said I could get a new box in December as my Christmas gift and keep as much of it I want. But that's December! That's 3 months I have to wait! I hate waiting!

And I feel let down because I was riding a high with the experience and now it's over for a while. I want that high back. I really wish he'd let me set up a subscription! Haha! That's too much to ask. I don't need that many clothes but getting new ones that work is addictive.

Those things get a little addictive, eh?  :)