Menu

How to get permission to view PINNED threads?

Yeah, there is a glitch.  The pinned math thread somehow got stuck inside a private chat group that has nothing to do with the math thread.  As far as I can tell, no one from the private group or the math thread did anything.  This is a glitch of unknown origin. I have no idea when this will be fixed but I am hoping it CAN be fixed and soon.

Yes if you really need access I can give you permission to join the private group.  If you are there only for the math thread I would appreciate a heads up for that though.  Post a request here on this board.  My PM box keeps filling up so you would have a better chance of reaching me here.

So far no one seems to be able to help and I have no idea how this happened.  I didn't do this and neither did Quark.  Some unknown glitch occurred.  Hopefully OtherJohn actually saw the PMs and is working on it or will be working on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.  Hang in there.

Thanks everyone.  I will just do searches for the info for now.  I am glad it is nothing that I did lol.     I seem to be falling into the rabbit hole of the best math curriculum for my science minded high schooler and was hoping that pinned thread would help me sort it all out.

Thanks everyone.  I will just do searches for the info for now.  I am glad it is nothing that I did lol.     I seem to be falling into the rabbit hole of the best math curriculum for my science minded high schooler and was hoping that pinned thread would help me sort it all out.

Start a thread asking specific questions about your particular situation.  Provide some detail so people know where you are coming from.  I'm sure many can help.  There are a lot of great people that are knowledgeable in this area.

• Like 2

part of the glitch on my side of the screen is that if I am not logged in to the forum, I can read the entire pinned thread.  If I'm logged in, I can't.  Maybe as part of searching and asking new questions you might want to try seeing if you can read the pinned math thread if you're not logged in.

I should have done it earlier but I wanted to see if it could be fixed without deleting the tags. Sorry for the delay...I wish I had done it sooner. I tried deleting a couple tags at first but it was still showing up in the social group. Now, I've deleted all the tags.

It shouldn't be that way though. Now, maybe the thread won't pop up if someone searches tags.

Sorry for the repetition folks (there are 4 threads now about the pinned math thread being inaccessible).

Deleting ALL the math tags now reveals this on the page breadcrumb trail and why I am hopeful the pinned math thread should now be visible to all:

1. The Well-Trained Mind Community
  2. → Education
  3. → High School and Self-Education Board
  • Like 1