Menu

ISSUES WITH HIGH SCHOOL PINNED MATH THREAD

UPDATE 9/7/17:  This glitch is ongoing.  More threads are getting trapped (seemingly randomly but it appears related to tags) inside my private chat group.  I need anyone who notices a thread that was available that has suddenly disappeared and seems to be trapped inside my private chat group to post here so I can notify the OP of the thread and give them access to my group.

Original Post:  There is a glitch with the Pinned math thread.  It is now tied to a private group.  No one in the private group had control of this or chose to do this.  Quark, who created that thread, is now part of the private group so as to gain access to the thread again but also cannot seem to fix it.  Moderators have been contacted.  

Please hang in there.  Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

On a side note you do NOT need to be a member of a private chat group (mine or anyone else's) to normally have access to that pinned thread so please don't request membership unless you have a middle schooler or High schooler that has learning struggles and you want a more private group for discussion/help. Anyone who needs that is more than welcome.  I just would prefer not to get a slew of membership requests from people simply trying to access Quark's thread.  

Edited by OneStepAtATime
  • Like 6

Deleting ALL the math tags now reveals this on the page breadcrumb trail and why I am hopeful the pinned math thread should now be visible to all

It works :)

ETA:

My tag was a scholarship tag that triggered a move to social group. Not a math tag. It was a PSA on scholarship info and due date.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

OneStep, maybe deleting some of the tags would also solve the problem with the pre-algebra thread? It's in your social group, though I don't know whose thread it is: 

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/342798-pre-algebra-fence-straddlers-master-thread/

ETA: some people were mentioning that thread over on the Logic Stage board, and like them, I thought that that thread used to be accessible to all. 

Edited by luuknam

You know I had a similar issue where I was trying to find an old thread that I had started and WTM was telling me I didn't have access to it because it was part of a private group.  So weird!  

OneStep, maybe deleting some of the tags would also solve the problem with the pre-algebra thread? It's in your social group, though I don't know whose thread it is: 

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/342798-pre-algebra-fence-straddlers-master-thread/

ETA: some people were mentioning that thread over on the Logic Stage board, and like them, I thought that that thread used to be accessible to all. 

I noticed that pre-Algebra fence straddler thread becoming inaccessible due to being part of a private group when it had previously been available to everyone.  It's an important thread that I hope gets fixed for general viewing.

• Like 1

I noticed that pre-Algebra fence straddler thread becoming inaccessible due to being part of a private group when it had previously been available to everyone.  It's an important thread that I hope gets fixed for general viewing.

Yes, that one was Halcyon's.  I have tried to contact her so hopefully she will respond sometime soon.  Thanks for the heads up, though.  

• Like 2