Menu

Imaginary Friends

MomOfABunch

I had imaginary friends who I shared with my brother because I'm a giver like that. My DH and dd had none, but DS had entire worlds with back stories and everything. They're like family members. They were with us for about ten years, so we still talk about them. I told him that past a certain age you have to write so people think you're creative but jot crazy :-)

• Like 5

That's funny. :lol:

All of my children have had imaginary friends. We've taken them on vacation and even celebrated their birthdays. Yes, I made cakes. :laugh:

They became part of our family culture, and even now I'll ask my kids how they're doing. They all just look at me weird and then smile...

• Like 3

I miss my kids' imaginary friends.  Actually, sometimes they were imaginary enemies.

"Oh no! Look!  A DHL truck! Duck!!"  [kids duck down in back seat.]

"Why are you ducking?"

"[names of imaginary frenemies] are in that truck! We can't let them see us!"

(I've no idea why DHL was involved.  We have no connection and never had.)

That's funny. :lol:

All of my children have had imaginary friends. We've taken them on vacation and even celebrated their birthdays. Yes, I made cakes. :laugh:

They became part of our family culture, and even now I'll ask my kids how they're doing. They all just look at me weird and then smile...

That is the sweetest thing ever!

• Like 1