Menu

I did it! I ordered my first Stitch Fix

LuvToRead

I am so excited!  I requested skinny jeans with tops and a slightly fitted dress to wear with leggings.  I have an hourglass figure, so too baggy does not look good on me!  Thanks to the hive, I own a Speed Queen washing machine, a ProClick, and now have ordered my first Stitch Fix.

• Like 9

Good for you! My first one was last week and didn't have the skirts I wanted so I went ahead and ordered a second box for next Saturday I think it is. I really hope they send skirts!!

It was your recent thread that inspired me!  I hope you love your second box!

• Like 1

I just got my first Stitch Fix today. I LOVE the pants they sent. They actually fit me, which is really hard to do. I usually have to try on at least 5 pair to get one that mostly fits. These fit well and matched all of my requirements: waistband AT the waist, two front pockets and two back pockets all of which are large enough to fit an iphone, and no distressing. They were the right length too. I'm definitely getting the pants. They fit me better and look better than any of the pants that I already own.

I just have to decide about the tops. One of them had pleats at the top, but it didn't really fit my body shape, so it bulged out a little in a weird place. One of them had kind of weird sleeves, but I still liked it. The other one was a lot bolder than I would have picked out. My 19yo fashionista loved the last two tops and wants me to get them. I'm still deciding whether to send all three tops back or keep the whole set. It will be cheaper to keep the whole set than to send back the one top that didn't work.

• Like 4

Ugh. I'm sending back all the clothes from my latest StitchFix. I'm keeping the one piece of jewelry because it was a great piece and good price for the quality. I liked two pieces from my first StitchFix, so inspired by Quill, I special ordered a box for my family reunion this weekend with explicit instructions on what I wanted in the box and what I was looking for. None of the clothes were even close and two included colors I had ruled out. Really disappointed.

• Like 1

Ugh. I'm sending back all the clothes from my latest StitchFix. I'm keeping the one piece of jewelry because it was a great piece and good price for the quality. I liked two pieces from my first StitchFix, so inspired by Quill, I special ordered a box for my family reunion this weekend with explicit instructions on what I wanted in the box and what I was looking for. None of the clothes were even close and two included colors I had ruled out. Really disappointed.

I hate to hear that!  I am nervous I will get clothes I won't like.

I just got my first Stitch Fix today. I LOVE the pants they sent. They actually fit me, which is really hard to do. I usually have to try on at least 5 pair to get one that mostly fits. These fit well and matched all of my requirements: waistband AT the waist, two front pockets and two back pockets all of which are large enough to fit an iphone, and no distressing. They were the right length too. I'm definitely getting the pants. They fit me better and look better than any of the pants that I already own.

I just have to decide about the tops. One of them had pleats at the top, but it didn't really fit my body shape, so it bulged out a little in a weird place. One of them had kind of weird sleeves, but I still liked it. The other one was a lot bolder than I would have picked out. My 19yo fashionista loved the last two tops and wants me to get them. I'm still deciding whether to send all three tops back or keep the whole set. It will be cheaper to keep the whole set than to send back the one top that didn't work.

Pants are so hard.  I don't have many local shopping choices, and I can never find pants that fit properly.  It sounds like you should keep the whole set!  Maybe you will fall in love with the tops.

I hate to hear that!  I am nervous I will get clothes I won't like.

I was okay the first time not getting something I liked, because I think the clothes in the first box were close, but not quite there. I loved the skirt and shirt I kept though. But I made it clear I don't like prints (with very limited exceptions) and three of the four clothes sent were prints. I told them to avoid navy or orange - a navy dress and an orange dress were included. A patchwork print maxi skirt - cute bohemian, but not my style. A very baggy white blouse that didn't even look good with skinny jeans. The first box felt like the stylist was trying to match my style even if they all didn't work, and the second box felt like a young woman picking clothes she would love to wear.

Edited by ErinE

I was okay the first time not getting something I liked, because I think the clothes in the first box were close, but not quite there. I loved the skirt and shirt I kept though. But I made it clear I don't like prints (with very limited exceptions) and three of the four clothes sent were prints. I told them to avoid navy or orange - a navy dress and an orange dress were included. A patchwork print maxi skirt - cute bohemian, but not my style. A very baggy white blouse that didn't even look good with skinny jeans. The first box felt like the stylist was trying to match my style even if they all didn't work, and the second box felt like a young woman picking clothes she would love to wear.

Oh my!  I said "no pastels" so I hope they don't send me any.