Menu

O.J. might be granted parole today

Scarlett

I'd bolded too much, I'd meant to only bold "and he's served the minimum 9 years and has kept his nose clean while in."

I was trying to be clear, and messed up, making things less clear.  
But, really if minimum is all that really matters, why bother with sentencing?   

Because prisons are crowded, and allowing prisoners a chance to get out sooner can help reduce disciplinary problems in prison.

• Like 1

I predict he'll either be killed before he gets out or very shortly after.  (He "disrespected" the surenos and another gang while bragging about himself today and how he's often called in to help settle disputes in the prison.  I don't imagine gang members forget when someone uses their gang name and "stupid" in the same sentence.)

My grandma watched the entire trial and was convinced he did not do it and reached the same conclusion as the jury—or at least that it was never proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Wow! I may be old enough to be your grandma...lol.  I remember watching the slow chase in the white SUV.  What a farce that was. I started watching the trial but all the baloney and posturing just made me sick.  I won't watch the parole hearing either.  I don't want to waste my time watching him.

The really sad part is, I used to admire him as a football player.  I don't even watch football anymore.

• Like 1

Wow! I may be old enough to be your grandma...lol. I remember watching the slow chase in the white SUV. What a farce that was. I started watching the trial but all the baloney and posturing just made me sick. I won't watch the parole hearing either. I don't want to waste my time watching him.

The really sad part is, I used to admire him as a football player. I don't even watch football anymore.

I'm old. :) I shared that because unlike anyone else I know and despite many conversations with other family members who debated with her about it, she was certain he didn't do it. She was also retired by that time and watched every minute of the trial, also unlike anyone I knew. I followed it but just knew about the bigger moments. She even recorded it if she was going to miss anything. Edited by Word Nerd