Menu

Gift ideas needed - newlyweds, want to send a monthly date each month for a year...

FriedClams

I'm an old lady (ok, middle aged, LOL). A fabulous young lady I know, who is one of those unique people who is a friend's daughter who has matured into a friend of mine also, recently married. They're young and broke and are just great young people. I'd like to be a encouraging old person and send them a fun date every month for the first year of their marriage. I am planning some gift cards for meals/coffee, but I'd like something else. They love games, so maybe a game idea? I'm thinking around $20/mo or less, unique, fun, and maybe from Amazon so I can ship free. We're all Christians so faith building ideas are great!!

I did this for dh for Christmas. I got gift cards to: restaurants, concert venue (think coffee house type thing), wine tasting at a local liquor store, bowling, movie theater. Think about what venues they might have nearby. For instance we have a lot of small theater groups around. Tix for those shows are typically only around $10. Also churches often host concerts for a small fee. You can go on the websites of those types of venues to see what's coming up.

There are some good Christian movies on dvd.  A copy of one plus a snack box of microwave popcorn or theater size box of candy.   Because sometimes couch dates are awesome. g

You might try searching group on deals in their area. You might find some really fun things for them to do- museums, dining, etc.  I did that when dd moved to Florida and found some fun family things for them to do.