Menu

Unibrow...on a young girl

Just Kate

@elizabeth101, just get yourself some little eyebrow shaping razors like these from Walmart and use them daily on your upper lip and between your brows. Use some shaving cream or liquid soap so you don't irritate your skin. Replace the razor when it starts to get dull. If you keep up with it every morning, you shouldn't have to worry about this at all. Easy-peasy! Hugs.

p.s. Hivers, this is a resurrected thread.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:48 AM, bolt. said:

I'd tell her that the hairs that are between her brows now are the ones that grew when she was a baby: that's why they are so fine. If she removes them, the new hairs that will grow continually (she might not know) will most likely be more like her current full eyebrow hairs. To me, that's a good reason to hesitate until she's ready for an ongoing beauty regime. How is she with ordinary hygiene routines?

But that's not true.  I doubt anyone has any hair on their body that's ten years old.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 10:44 AM, Just Kate said:

Thanks everyone! Dd is such a neat kid...very confident and funny. She does have a love of all things fashion though...and she truly can't wait to be a teenager so she can wear makeup (she is one of those girls who enjoys watching youtube videos on how to apply makeup!). It really isn't surprising to me that she cares about this, I just don't want to steer her wrong or lead her to believe that he value is in her looks.

Anyway, I have a friend who owns a salon (dd and I get our hair cut there). I may call and ask about waxing. I don't think I could tweeze dd's eyebrows for her. Are there any other options? I assume that creams are out (since it is so close to her eyes)? 

And I agree that it is important to teach kids about self-care. That is a great point!

My friend had a tool that looked like a tiny comb, but must have been some sort of facial grooming razor.  I was having professional photos done.  My hair is virtually invisible so I never do anything, but my photographer and make-up artist friends double-teamed me and said it would show up on these high definition photos because of the harsh lights and quality of the camera.  It's either true or some sort of stealth intervention.  ANYWAY, she just quickly scraped above my lip a few times and the "situation" was remedied.  There was no plucking or chemicals or pain. It was some sort of women's facial razor.  They probably have an electric version if that sounds scary.

OP here! This thread is over two years old and dd is now 12 years old and in the 7th grade. She has been managing her eyebrows with the tiny little eyebrow razor that many of you mentioned here. Something like this.

We have talked about waxing or threading, but she has a super low pain tolerance, so she wants to wait to try either of those options out. She actually has really pretty eyebrows (they are full and very much “in style”) and since she also loves makeup and general skincare, she is good about brushing her eyebrows to make them look neat. 

• Like 3