Menu

Like Brainpop?

3girls4me

Hi everyone!

I am trying to find an online supplement for SOCIAL STUDIES for my 9 year old daughter.  I love Brainpop, but it's quite expensive.  Any other suggestions?  I looked at Time4Learning, but it looked super boring.  (at least for Social Studies/History)

Thanks!!

Homeschool Buyers Co-op often runs a significant discount on it, often around August for the school year.

Some people have had luck with calling their local school district and asking for the password for the district's account (assuming they have one).

• Like 1

Homeschool Buyers Co-op often runs a significant discount on it, often around August for the school year.

Some people have had luck with calling their local school district and asking for the password for the district's account (assuming they have one).

Many districts actually put their password up online, so you may want to Google.

App is enough...you get all the videos there. I will activate the subscription for a month or two and then suspend it when it's busy for us like during basketball league or the holidays.

Edited by calbear
  • Like 1

I have an app subscription for BrainPop Spanish. My 13 year old starts the day watching a couple of lessons every morning at breakfast time. I would prefer to save the money, but I find it completely worth it.

There's also a Brain Pop French version too. We have all 3 languages & that's my 7 yr old's go-to 'veg out' screen time pick, LOL. She learns A LOT from it!

I also use it in my ELL classroom & the kids get a boatload from it too (esp. filling in background knowledge gaps). There are a few decent ancillary activities that support the video lessons. I believe it's a worthwhile investment. If you can get the log-in information from a local school district or library, all the better!

• Like 1