Menu

AP US History after a year of US History??

I would venture that most do APUSH after one year of US history.  Ours is taking it this year, and hasn't had that one "formal" year in HS yet.  He did have a rigorous pass in MS, though.

Here, it's taught in 5th, 8th, and 11th grades, and the 11th grade is the AP course.

• Like 1

None of the schools around here do Pre-AP US History followed by AP.

I have seen Global Studies in 9th followed by AP World in 10th (some overlap of topics).

For most colleges you need 3 years History/Social Studies but each must be unique such as:

World History

US History

Government 

Economics 

European History

None of the schools around here do Pre-AP US History followed by AP.

I have seen Global Studies in 9th followed by AP World in 10th (some overlap of topics).

For most colleges you need 3 years History/Social Studies but each must be unique such as:

World History

US History

Government 

Economics 

European History

That's interesting.  I just assumed that, since it is done that way at our ps high school, it's the same everywhere.  Our ps high school has everyone take U.S. History in 10th grade and then, those who want it, take APUSH in junior year.  Same with the sciences - take biology or chemistry first, and then the AP course after.  Physics is different - students go straight into AP for that class.