Menu

Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds

SquirrellyMama

I ⤠this soap. Ever since I was a kid I have had a horrible time with itchy scalp and dandruff. OTC shampoos didn't work. I have used a prescription shampoo that worked, but made my hair feel like straw. And it fell out at an alarming rate.

I ran out of shampoo and started using Sal Suds. After a couple months I noticed I wasn't scratching my head all the time. I attributed it to Sal. Well, I ran out of SS a month ago, and just used what we had in the bathroom. Back to scratching my head until it bled. I finally got my SS again and I'm back to a scratch free scalp after 2 weeks.

Love the stuff! I also use it for our foaming hand soap dispensers with some essential oils.

Kelly

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

I ⤠this soap. Ever since I was a kid I have had a horrible time with itchy scalp and dandruff. OTC shampoos didn't work. I have used a prescription shampoo that worked, but made my hair feel like straw. And it fell out at an alarming rate.

I ran out of shampoo and started using Sal Suds. After a couple months I noticed I wasn't scratching my head all the time. I attributed it to Sal. Well, I ran out of SS a month ago, and just used what we had in the bathroom. Back to scratching my head until it bled. I finally got my SS again and I'm back to a scratch free scalp after 2 weeks.

Love the stuff! I also use it for our foaming hand soap dispensers with some essential oils.

Kelly

I was 😯 When I read this. Curiosity finally won and I tried it on my hair. Wow !! Not only is it not dried - SS seems gentler than my drug store shampoo. It isn't harsh on my skin like I thought it might be either. It all rinses away, probably because of the extra SLS. My hair is soft and very clean, but not stripped feeling. I wouldn't use it on colored hair. On my natural silver, it's great. It worked well as a body soap too, after doing some yard work.

Edited by laundrycrisis