Menu

The Lunchroom: Favorite Leftovers edition

scrapbookbuzz

This is sort of a spinoff of the Teachers Lounge.

I just finished a lunch made of leftovers and got to wondering what have been some of YOUR favorite, or even just recent,

leftover combo meals?

Here: I had 1/2 bag of Madras Lentils, some quinoa and brown rice, accompanied by a (not leftover) Hebrew National hotdog.

What are some favorites, fun, or even just recent leftovers you've enjoyed?

• Like 1

I make a pot roast in the crock pot, shred the meat for dinner that day. Then a couple of days later (today!), I take the cold meat and chop it up with a knife, pour some slightly watered down/thinned out bottled BBQ sauce on it, and heat it. Then we eat it on buns as BBQ sandwiches. Yummy! I think I'm going to try eating it on a baked sweet potato tonight to cut back on the bread.

• Like 1

For a favourite dinner we do baked potatoes topped with local bbq (pulled pork), cheese, cole slaw, bbq sauce, cream cheese, etc. I always make extra potatoes.

The next day I make hash with the leftovers. We all devour both meals and frequently debate which is better.

I roast veggies a lot and then throw them into scrambled eggs or some kind of casserole or hash type thing.

I love carnitas leftovers and make rice or quinoa bowls with the meat, do the same with leftover chicken--though I just made chicken fried rice with some yesterday.  I always leave extra servings of marinated flank steak to eat on salad with some feta or gorgonzola.  Ohhh baby.

Honestly, I tend to make just enough food so that we do NOT have leftovers and only make extras when it's something at least half of the people here will eat again in a day or two, kwim?  Although, we always have leftover quiche and *I* will be the only one eating it which is fine by me.  lol