Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Today I am driving 3.5 hours to have lunch with 4 long time homeschooling on line friends I've never met.  One is here from Australia on business which occasioned the idea that those who were within driving distance should try to meet.  The weather looks good today and I've stocked up on audio books.  So wish me happy driving!

• Like 6

Baseball season for my ninth grader starts today with a double-header while the rest of the kids have baseball practice.  Dh and I are going to split up for the day in order to accommodate all the schedules and I drew double-header duty. Because of the high school baseball schedule, I've been the one driving and waiting for the majority of his practices so I think it's nice that it worked out that I get to see the first games :)   Forecast is calling for temps in the 70's so it's a great day for baseball!

Edited by JanOH
  • Like 6

• Find out what the internet thinks of impromptu sleepovers.

Plan tomorrow for my kids.

Plan some scout badge work.

Kids to library for author visit (author of Every Single Second which we recently finished).  Donate food - for - fines at library.  :P

Work at library.

Kids want to play at park next to library - works for me - I will keep working here until they are done.

Assign kids' work.

Meet with boss & more work.

Review math with kids (they have math test coming up).  Hopefully read a couple of relevant math storybooks.  :)

Kids to bed.

Work.

• Like 2

The library event was better than I expected.  The author got the kids to try some creative writing and share it.  I just love our library system.  :)

I forgot to pack my power cord, so my computer ran out of juice and I "had to" spend time walking around the park.  The weather is awesome, so I was glad for that mishap.  :)

Decided to grab some donuts on the way home.  Now the kids are downstairs doing a couple of science experiments and possibly redecorating our kitchen.  :P  And I'm debating between doing some work and taking a nap.

• Like 1

My chickies did indeed redecorate the kitchen.  They tried to clean it up, but ....

In the end, they decided to add a bonus art lesson onto their science lab.  What good studious children I have!  What can I say, I would have done the same thing as a kid.

• Like 1