Menu

The Teachers Lounge 3-14-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all! It's TUESDAY! 

What's on your schedule today? Here: horsemanship lessons for dd18 (which is why we're up so early!), dropping off a payment, meeting in the early afternoon, chiro after that, and meeting for me this evening, kids have tae kwon do.

Who's gone to dinner with friends lately? Here: last night was the first time in a LONG time that dh and I went to dinner with another couple. We recently met them and just hit it off so well, we decided to get together outside of the business realm. We all enjoyed ourselves - so refreshing!

Who here takes a melatonin supplement? Here: I've been giving ds12 a supplement that's a mix of melatonin, valerian, hops, passionflower, and chamomile to help him get to sleep on the days he doesn't exercise. However, my herbal instructor (who's been a Master Herbalist for 40 years) said not to give that hormone (the melatonin) to one so young. So I will be looking into the matter further and may switch to something else. I'll keep you posted!

Talk to me! :big ear:

(It may be awhile before I pop back into the Lounge as dd and I will be gone for about half the day.)

• Like 2

It is cold and gray here. I am happy to be inside and warm. Kids are finishing waffles.

Regular school day here. Possible trip to the library, about a mile away.

We last went to dinner with friends in early December. I manage coffee with a friend fairly often, but an evening out requires a sitter. Easier in the summertime!

Dh has taken melatonin at times, but isn't currently. I sometimes wake and can't go back to sleep, but rarely. I can almost always sleep.

• Like 2

Morning, Scrap!

I have painting on the schedule today.  After 3 days' worth I'm starting to abbreviate that to pain :lol: This is what happens when the folks who lived here before developed an awful color scheme of avocado green, mocha, and burgundy and I'd really like to sell this place without trouble.  Hence, everything is now turning a lovely shade of almost-white. :D Only problem is I'm the only one doing it and it hurts!

I haven't been to dinner with friends in a while but I do have a weekly standing date for coffee.  It's been co-opted recently by my 7yo who goes to a class at 6, so we go from there straight to the coffee shop.  This week I get to go by myself, though!

No melatonin here.  Our troubles with sleep aren't usually something that can be helped by that.  Last night we were up because the folks next door decided to play a loud game of basketball until 10:30.  <_< Their children don't keep normal sleep hours, why should mine?  Ugh. 

• Like 3

Schedule: Some people from church came by this morning to give a care package to my daughter.  It's a bad day for her pain-wise so that was really nice.  She works tonight.  Otherwise... nothing really.

Dinner with Friends: Not for a long time.

Melatonin: I nearly never need it myself.  I'm one of those who fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow.  Others in the family have taken it randomly.

• Like 1

Haven't been out with friends in so long I can hardly remember it. Rocket team owns up right now.

And rocket team is on the agenda. Ds and I are editing speeches for the presentation at present while I nurse a nasty head congestion and headache.

I don't take Melatonin but have been struggling to get good quality sleep. I am considering it.

• Like 2

Good afternoon!

Today is school, laundry, co-op planning/grading, and swim tonight.

We went to lunch a week ago Sunday with friends at church who are moving soon. He has been accepted at Wheaton and will begin classes there this fall. We are really sad to see them go, but his plan to hopefully become a seminary professor is beyond perfect for him. I'm glad God is going to use him in a mighty way! 

I've never taken melatonin, but dh has. He quit taking in it because of intense dreams and belief it was contributing to some depression/anxiety issues. Going off it did help him some. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 2