Menu

The BeeGees (earworm alert!)

fairfarmhand

This interview from Feb, 2017, with Barry Gibb is both incredibly sad and funny. I didn't realize how many songs he had written for so many different artists. Emotion, which is sung by Samantha Sang, always sounded like the Bee Gees to me.

Thank you for the link.  I actually watched the whole thing.  I had no idea he was not only talented and handsome but also genuinely nice.

• Like 1

So since I am ignorant of this time period, someone make a modern comparison .

So in the 1970s not knowing who the beegees are was like what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...was like not knowing who Lady Gaga is today.

, with Barry Gibb is both incredibly sad and funny. I didn't realize how many songs he had written for so many different artists. Emotion, which is sung by Samantha Sang, always sounded like the Bee Gees to me.

Thank you for the link.  I actually watched the whole thing.  I had no idea he was not only talented and handsome but also genuinely nice.

I just wanted to add my thanks for the link. I watched the whole thing, too, and I agree with Polly that he seems like such a nice person. It's so cool that he has been married for 50 years and that he is so close to his family. I thought it was particularly heartwarming that he now performs with two of his sons and his niece. It's awful to think that all three of his brothers died so young. I'm glad he has a close family -- he seemed genuinely touched when he saw the video of his grandchildren talking about their "Papa."

• Like 1

That is pretty sad, and very funny at the same time. 

I have to admit that I didn't realize Freddie Mercury was the only one singing all the parts of the "chorus" in Bohemian Rhapsody. I was sure that one of the guitar players had the soprano voice. :laugh:  What an amazing range Freddie had. 

Have you heard Marc Martel sing Queen songs? As close as I've heard to Freddie's voice. 

And if by chance you're still reading, check out his Mercurotti video at the first link.