Menu

Baby shower game ideas

AnniePoo

I hate games at showers and don't plan any for ones I'm hosting. The one exception is baby shower bingo for present opening bc it tends to keep people engaged in what can be a somewhat tedious point of the party. I usually google the bingo cards and find what I'm looking for.

I wrote up a mad lib style generic "birth story", and I go around the circle, asking people for nouns, adjectives, etc. (or "things" or "describing words", etc., if that works better, lol).  That is always funny.  I also made up a game where you have to match the famous children's book that goes with the line I wrote. For example, "And then something went BUMP!  How that bump made us jump!"  is from The Cat in the Hat.  These games at least don't involve me microwaving candy bars in diapers or anything, lol.

The best I had wasn't a game, but everyone brought a bead (or I suppose the hostess could get some to help increase the compliance). The guests all said a special prayer or wish and I made the beads into a delivery necklace. It was the best gift, and the most meaningful.