Menu

Monarch French courses on sale--any reviews?

I have not used the French course, but we did use AOP LifePac Spanish.  I don't recall any religious content.  They present the spanish word for church, just as they present the spanish words for library, home, school, etc.  It has been 2 years since we last used it, so I might not be remembering everything.  But, nothing jumps out at me. 

You can call AOP customer service or Rainbow Resource customer service and ask.  They are both very kind and helpful places

Edited by HollyDay

Maize, is your student just taking two years, or four years of French for high school credit?  Does your student hope to become semi fluent, to travel to France, or work in the culinary arts, or the fashion industry or travel to Paris for ballet, etc.?

I am asking because I think foreign language is pretty hard to do on *really well* one's own, without an online class or excellent well written textbook that lay's EVERYTHING out.  I opted for online German for my son because his "target" university requires four years.  To do four years of foreign language, the first two years have to really be very very solid.

The first two years are not **too** hard....you are basically focusing on greetings, household, food, simple verb conjugations (the verbs to be, to have, to do, to eat, to drink, to buy/purchase, etc.)  The first two years are VERY vocab-heavy while the last two years are VERY conjugation-heavy..(past, past perfect, future, future perfect, and on and on)....you can pretty much get through two years even with a slightly disjoined curriculum...

Is this for your oldest student born in 03?  Would he/she be a 7th grader?  

Edited by Calming Tea
  • Like 2

It is actually my 11 year old who wants to learn French. I'm fluent, just swamped with everything else and not getting around to teaching him.

I'm looking for something that could get him started more independently.

My 13 year old wants to study German.

• Like 2

Basically I'm not really worrying about high school credits at this point (though I suppose I need to start worrying about that with oldest :) )

Mostly I just want them to have the opportunity to learn if they want to learn.

They also take Chinese lessons with a tutor so can continue that language in high school.

• Like 2

I bought levels 1 & 2 since they each are good for 18 months after activation. They have alternate tests and quizzes, so maybe I can have two kids share an account. I am not ready to activate level 1 yet, but I hope I like it! I found no reviews of the product, but people seem to like Monarch Spanish.

• Like 1