Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! We are recovering from the state meet, where a good time was had by all. Dd2 ended up 3rd in one event and 2nd in another with great splits on her relays. Today is a rest day and a "get ready for dh to be gone all week" day.

To do:

pick up dd2 from sleepover pretty soon, waiting on a text

calendar stuff

general pickup/cleanup

quilt some

make sure homework is done for dd2 and ds2

Relax and watch a movie

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Hello all! Our weather is very un-February-like, sunny and 39*, so we were hoping to do some groundwork with our horses today. However, the wind is absolutely howling, to the point where the shovel kept trying to fly out of my hands while doing chores, so working with the horses will have to wait for a calmer day. I'm wondering if spring is here to stay or if winter will come roaring back.

•go through next month's amazon subscribe and save order

•clean kitchen, clean out fridge

•go through house and restock cleaning supplies, paper products, garbage bags, etc.

•read

•plan my week

• Like 2

• Sunday School
  • Church
  • Planning and booking our summer trip - exciting!
  • Science project with the girls.
  • Send girls off with aunt to visit friends & dogs.
  • Clean the kitchen & some clutter.
  • A load of laundry.
  • A little reading.
  • Work & exercise.
  • Pay some bills.
  • Read-aloud.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.

The summer trip we booked is:  a cruise that touches Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Russia, Finland, and Sweden, followed by a quick flight to Norway (since we're in the area).  It's great that we got it planned and booked so early!

Now I just hope we don't have any unexpected work deadlines during that time.  We have an upcoming application with unknown due date.  It is supposed to be done by some time in May.  But ... if the government delays it (which would be normal!), we could end up spending much of the cruise working.  Lord I hope not ....  Also we are leaving on the day that we have many annual reports due.  The hope is that we get it all done early.  This depends partly on our clients' timeliness.  So ... we must hope for the best ....

• Like 3

• Sunday School
  • Church
  • Planning and booking our summer trip - exciting!
  • Science project with the girls.
  • Send girls off with aunt to visit friends & dogs.
  • Clean the kitchen & some clutter.
  • A load of laundry.
  • A little reading.
  • Work & exercise.
  • Pay some bills.
  • Read-aloud.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.

The summer trip we booked is:  a cruise that touches Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Russia, Finland, and Sweden, followed by a quick flight to Norway (since we're in the area).  It's great that we got it planned and booked so early!

Now I just hope we don't have any unexpected work deadlines during that time.  We have an upcoming application with unknown due date.  It is supposed to be done by some time in May.  But ... if the government delays it (which would be normal!), we could end up spending much of the cruise working.  Lord I hope not ....  Also we are leaving on the day that we have many annual reports due.  The hope is that we get it all done early.  This depends partly on our clients' timeliness.  So ... we must hope for the best ....

How fun to have the trip to look forward too. 

I meant to book our summer trip last week, but got busy with our puppy.

What cruise ship are you going on?  I keep wanting to talk dh into a one.  He is not wanting to do it.   Have you been on one?  Had a good experience?

We were thinking about heading to Denmark or Norway.

Not much except take care of a sick baby and a puppy.

2017 is really slamming me hard. 

Dh did the grocery shopping

About to put in an online order or too

Did some school with the kids

• Like 1

How fun to have the trip to look forward too. 

I meant to book our summer trip last week, but got busy with our puppy.

What cruise ship are you going on?  I keep wanting to talk dh into a one.  He is not wanting to do it.   Have you been on one?  Had a good experience?

We were thinking about heading to Denmark or Norway.

Norwegian Cruise Line.

We've done two cruises before, both in the Caribbean.  This will be our first cruise in Europe.  We like cruises because you can see so many places and do so many things from one moving "hotel room."  I like that it includes all the food, entertainment/supervision for the kids, and other goodies.  Travel from country to country mostly happens while you sleep.  So it's pretty low stress compared to our usual hectic vacations.

Norwegian Cruise Line.

We've done two cruises before, both in the Caribbean.  This will be our first cruise in Europe.  We like cruises because you can see so many places and do so many things from one moving "hotel room."  I like that it includes all the food, entertainment/supervision for the kids, and other goodies.  Travel from country to country mostly happens while you sleep.  So it's pretty low stress compared to our usual hectic vacations.

Thanks.

I will look into it.  Report back when you go.