Menu

Land's End/Sears FAIL

Moxie

I was asked to update but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I can find the original thread.

I received a LE shirt for Christmas. I wanted to exchange it for a different color. I took it to LE in our Sears. Even though they had a rack of the shirts sitting there, they said they could not do the exchange and I needed to call LE. I called LE. They assured me that the store absolutely could do the exchange. They gave me the order number and said to take it back to Sears. I go back. Same story. They can't do an exchange, but they can send it back to LE and have a check mailed to me. I thought that was strange since I did not buy the shirt which they knew. They took my address and assured me that the check would come to me.

You all know where this is going, right?!?

I just received a call from my MIL wondering why she received a check from LE and did I return the shirt she bought me.

Grrr.

• Like 1

I just received a call from my MIL wondering why she received a check from LE and did I return the shirt she bought me.

Grrr.

I am so sorry. I hope you were able to think quickly to explain you simply tried to exchange for a different color/size, because ....

For Christmas, one of my kids wanted a specific graphic t-shirt from an online t-shirt shop. On the Christmas wish list I gave to my in-laws, I included the link for the t-shirt. For some reason they decided to order from Amazon, and we ended up with a different t-shirt from the online t-shirt company. When I called about exchanging it, they said they couldn't do that and that I would need to return to Amazon. After a long time, I finally got the lady to understand if I did that way, "I would be telling grandma that she ordered her grandchild the wrong shirt." The return did not go smoothly even after that (and I had to pay shipping to return it), but at least I am the only one that knows. (I have to wrap many of the shipped gifts from in-laws, so I found the problem before Christmas, but the replacement didn't come till after Christmas. It was for a teen, so it wasn't a big deal.)

I am sorry you went through the hassle and it still didn't work out as you wanted.

Sears is a sinking ship. Their take-over of K-Mart was truly a WTF-moment in business strategies. Their stock is pitifully small and dwindling evermore. Their creditors are beating down the doors. The customer service is abysmal. It's become worse and worse over the last several years. Don't be surprised if they aren't around in 2018.

Edited by Audrey
  • Like 2