Menu

Facebook/email question

Lawana

If someone were to ask you to contact them "on Facebook at xxxxxx@mail.com", what might that mean? It looks like an email address that has no connection to Facebook, right? Or is there something here I don't know about?

I tried sending an email to the address, but have gotten no response. It didn't bounce back, so I assume it went through.

It is pretty complicated in that this is my homeless brother who lives 2000 miles away. I don't know if he has a phone, or where or when he uses the computer. He didn't provide an actual Facebook name, and his real name isn't yielding results. I was wondering if that domain had anything to do with Facebook or not.

I *think* you can search FB by email, to find the account associated with that email. If you haven't already, I'd try that, see what name comes up, and message him there.

I tried entering the address in the search bar on my iPad. No results. Do you know another place to try?

Yes lol. I meant to say that.

Sorry, no, I don't. If it didn't come up when you searched in FB, he may not have his settings where he can be searched.

You could *try* putting the email into the "To" field within FB Messenger, and see if that will get message out to his FB account, even though you can't find him. I haven't tried that, so not sure it will work, but worth a shot.

I hope you're able to reach him. Hugs and prayers from Texas.

• Like 1

Well, you said you tried emailing and it didn't bounce back so that's probably a good thing.

Facebook used to have it's own separate email accounts for members but it doesn't look like it does anymore.

I know it's tough not hearing from him. To me it seems you've done all that YOU can do on your end short of hiring

a private investigator.

• Like 1

I just tried again and got the same "we couldn't find anything for *****" results.

He is a notoriously poor speller and has used a cre8tive way to spell an offensive word as part of the address.

So frustrating.

Have you tried googling his name and city, his name and email address, etc? Often google will return a FB listing. When my kids got roommates assigned, the first thing I did was google them and I always find their FB.

• Like 1

I just tried again and got the same "we couldn't find anything for *****" results.

He is a notoriously poor speller and has used a cre8tive way to spell an offensive word as part of the address.

So frustrating.

Wow, that is just so sad.  And yes frustrating!  So sorry.  :(

• Like 1