Menu

(sigh) What's for dinner at your house?

Ok, so I have pork chops out. It was what we had in the freezer. Any suggestions. I normally dip them in milk, flour and then a homemade honey mustard, but it is 4:30 and I ahve to make a lap book(human body) and learn how to teach tin whistle for tomorrow so anyone have anything easier to do with them?

I braise pork chops in a bit of Italian salad dressing. Brown, then add the dressing, cover and in a few minutes ta-da - cooked, flavored pork chops.

Obviously I mean vinaigrette-type, not creamy dressing!

Simple dinner tonight (Persian influenced)

Koobedeh kabobs (mix of ground lamb, veal and beef)

Shirazi salad (diced tomatoes, cucumber, onion, herbs and feta)

Ashe-e-jo (a Persian barley, bean and herb soup flavored with Kashk, a thich fermented whey)

Brown rice (not "traditional")

Broccoli

My standard way to prepare pork chops is to mix some wheat germ and flour together in a pie plate and dredge the pork chops in the mixture. Then saute them in a little oil. I made them this way when ds was on an elimination diet, and it became our favorite.

When I was growing up, I loved when my mom made pork chops with Shake 'n' Bake.

Wendi

Simple dinner tonight (Persian influenced)

Koobedeh kabobs (mix of ground lamb, veal and beef)

Shirazi salad (diced tomatoes, cucumber, onion, herbs and feta)

Ashe-e-jo (a Persian barley, bean and herb soup flavored with Kashk, a thich fermented whey)

Brown rice (not "traditional")

Broccoli

rep.jpg

(for the new avatar. Love it!)

I need some inspiration. I don't feel like cooking. So what's cooking at your house?

We had spaghetti & croissants (the cheap kind from a can). I finely chopped carrots & boiled them for a while and added them to the sauce to sneak in some extra veggie.

For the last couple of nights we had wraps (with flour tortillas). Filling choices were chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, salad dressing...also taco-seasoned ground beef, taco sauce & salsa. I made mine like a mexican burrito. Dh had chicken with no hint of mexico in his. Dc had mostly chicken, lettuce, tomato & cheese.