Menu

puzzlement

My dd keeps requesting dolls and stuffed animals but she confuses me on something. She strips the dolls and defaces them with markers - every single time. :confused: She really likes her dolls and plays with them but she ruins them.

She's asked for an American Girl doll (hell no). I am not against them. In fact I would like her to have them but I am not spending money on dolls so that she can strip them and color them. :001_huh:

Is there a cure?

My dd keeps requesting dolls and stuffed animals but she confuses me on something. She strips the dolls and defaces them with markers - every single time. :confused: She really likes her dolls and plays with them but she ruins them.
I was one of those kids, as is my youngest. I think that "ruin" is in the eye of the beholder. That said, I wouldn't buy the American Girl doll either -- but then, I wouldn't buy one anyway.

My dd did a coloring the babies stint. Turns out, while playing at a friend's house, she discovered those bears that you color with markers and then wash in the washing machine. We explained that you only color on those special bears that were made for the washing machine and the phase ended. Any chance she found one of those somewhere or saw it on t.v.? Do they still make those things? Maybe it would make a good Christmas present?:D

It's been done several times but she keeps going back to that. She's a terror with pencils, crayons, glue sticks, markers, and scissors.

All my girls have done frightful things with permanent marker, scissors, glue, when they were little.

My 4yo is obsessed with wanting to cut my hair with her scissors. She begs me to let her cut my hair. And she doesn't want to trim just a little - she wants to cut it up near the roots. I let her snip just a little bit off the ends. But it's not enough for her.

I'm afraid to take a nap....:ack2: