Menu

What kind of writing paper does your 9 year old/3rd grader use?

My 9yo/4th grader (August birthday) uses any paper, really - blank and college ruled being the most common (I'm not sure why I don't have wide ruled, other than it's harder to find pretty notebooks with it - I think maybe he was worse with wide ruled? I don't remember). But, if your kid could benefit from 3 lines, then get him 3 lines.

Whatever works.  :)  Neither of my kids observed the lines regardless, so I ditched the special paper well before they were 9.  :)  They have used regular wide rule notebook paper.  They do write a bit too large for it, though.  I figure time will fix that.

We had stopped using three lined paper, but went back for cursive. Amazon sells big packs if it in loose-leaf form.

Eta nine years old and not even close to ready for regular ruled, if I want to read it.

Edited by OKBud

We had stopped using three lined paper, but went back for cursive. Amazon sells big packs if it in loose-leaf form.

Eta nine years old and not even close to ready for regular ruled, if I want to read it.

I buy the huge packs of loose leaf handwriting paper and use a three hole punch so I can load it in their binders.  It's cheaper (but harder to find) than getting a bunch of the little composition notebooks.