Menu

PSA: Don't let Alexa hear your TV!

RegGuheert

This is pretty funny: Amazon 'Alexa' Orders Dollhouses For Owners After 'Hearing' TV Report.

According to CW6 in that city, their morning show anchor Jim Patton commented on the story and said â€œI love the little girl, saying ‘Alexa ordered me a dollhouse.'†The station reports that after Patton uttered those words â€œviewers all over San Diego started complaining their echo devices had tried to order doll houses.â€

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 4

:laugh:  This reminds me of a podcast I listen to. They were doing a give-away and wanted to use random number generator by asking Siri to choose a number. Apparently when he did, a lot of listeners found their Siri had also chosen a number for them. Now they edit out the part where they talk to Siri. lol

• Like 2

Is there a setting to tell Alexa what type of dollhouse to purchase when the anchorperson on the TV orders one?  ;)

I figure she didn't actually order them, but said, "Ok. Which dollhouse would you like to order?" That is how she talks, lol.

I bet the little girl who originally ordered one was just ordering the Alexa daily deals. You can ask, "Alexa, what are your deals?" And she will describe them to you, one at a time, and ask if you'd like her to order one for you. I figure the little girl just told her yes. 

• Like 1

:laugh: This reminds me of a podcast I listen to. They were doing a give-away and wanted to use random number generator by asking Siri to choose a number. Apparently when he did, a lot of listeners found their Siri had also chosen a number for them. Now they edit out the part where they talk to Siri. lol

If you reset TI calculators and start the random number generator, they will all produce the same random number. its because they all use the same algorithm.

• Like 3