Menu

PSA: NLE registration deadline is coming up!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing even though my 12th grader isn't even taking Latin this year and the other is in college.

For years I did it for a local group, and then for my own and various friends of ours because the public school offers Latin but no NLE.

Last year it was going to be just DD, but her online class jumped in and handled it because now you can take it online.

But every January for some 8 years was NLE registration time, one way or another! Old habits die hard.

• Like 1

For those whose students self-teach, who do you list as the teacher? This is the first year that DS will be taking the exam without going through Lukeion, and I have to list both the examiner (which would be me) and the teacher.

I'm not sure how they would handle that.

If you have any questions, do call or email them. I did that a number of times for odd situations, and they were always very helpful. They are far more familiar with homeschooling than the College Board, that's for sure!

Edited by G5052
  • Like 1

For those whose students self-teach, who do you list as the teacher? This is the first year that DS will be taking the exam without going through Lukeion, and I have to list both the examiner (which would be me) and the teacher.

I put myself down as the teacher and my dh as the administrator of the exam. I always find it humorous bc I couldn't help my kids if I wanted to. Their Latin is way more advanced than mine.

Could you ask a librarian or a friend if they are willing to be the administrator? It can be anyone, just not you.

• Like 1

I would just put myself too, as the homeschool teacher in charge of child in general. And then put dh as the administrator of exam. They allow the homeschool teacher's spouse to give the exam if he/she isn't the chief teacher. Last year I had a former student of mine's mom be the proctor. Her kids weren't taking it.