Menu

Student loan: Well, shut my mouth!

There's been a check cut. So whatever that letter that said I wasn't getting money was all about, it either was in error, or the money crossed in the mail. I did lose my subsidy (there's an interest subsidy that was supposed to kick in once I was employed in this state), but not my loan.

The subsidy, I can do without. The actual loan, not so much.

Still keep all those folks in mind who are actually going to be affected by this financial crisis. And thank you, all, for your outpouring of support here and in PM's and emails.

Make sure the powers that be didn't make a mistake in sending you the check if there was also a letter sent. You'd hate to spend the money and then have to pay it back. (I use the military as my point of reference for this type of error. I've had this happen to someone I know.)

If all is well, then congrats!!

Make sure the powers that be didn't make a mistake in sending you the check if there was also a letter sent. You'd hate to spend the money and then have to pay it back. (I use the military as my point of reference for this type of error. I've had this happen to someone I know.)

If all is well, then congrats!!

We checked the account (the disbursement account from the bank) online, and it shows the funds as released.

I'm definitely going to check with financial aid, and thanks for the reminder. Of course the funny thing about that is, it's a LOAN, so I have to pay it back anyway. At least, that's the way I'm looking at it. :D

It is just a loan. It would be painful to have to cough it up all at once though.

I'm glad you're checking. It makes me nervous for you even though I don't know you. (0; I'm a terrible worry-wart.

((Hugs)) I don't mean to be the rain on the parade.

I'm sure it's a huge relief for your family!

(My Mom is an RN and now has gone on to be a Nurse Practitioner with a really cool job. It's such a terrific career and such a calling.)