Menu

Make or buy a Snuggie?

Ginevra

I don't think Snuggies (the blanket with sleeves) are as popular as they were five or so years ago when they were first advertised on TV. That year, I bought DS (who is now 17) one in Ravens print. He loves that thing and wears it a lot when he's sitting around the house. Now DS12 says he wants a Snuggie for Christmas. But they aren't as available as they once were. I see I could still get them at Amazon but they are plain colors and are actually pretty ugly.

I have a knitting pattern (loom knitting) for one, but I don't have time to do one now, and it takes a whole lotta yarn. I also am a decent seamstress and could probably make one in a few hours even without a pattern. Do I want to do that, though?

If I could buy a cuter looking one like older DS' - football team or something cooler - I would probably do that. But I'm not finding so ething better ATM.

Would you make one or buy one, and/or know where there's a cool-ish looking child's version?

I have seen some full size onesies for adults that make me think of the Snuggie. I mean it wouldn't be as easy to take off, but it would keep you warm around the house.

They make footed and footless versions.

ETA: several stores have them. You can try Walmart, Target, Kohl's, JCP, Macy's...

Another idea is a Harry Potter robe to act as a snuggie. Just get his favorite house lol.

I don't know what I'd do, but those are just some ideas.

Edited by heartlikealion
  • Like 1

I have seen some full size onesies for adults that make me think of the Snuggie. I mean it wouldn't be as easy to take off, but it would keep you warm around the house.

They make footed and footless versions.

ETA: several stores have them. You can try Walmart, Target, Kohl's, JCP, Macy's...

Another idea is a Harry Potter robe to act as a snuggie. Just get his favorite house lol.

I don't know what I'd do, but those are just some ideas.

HP robe is not a bad option.

I am going to check out a couple places nearby and see if they carry any. There's a sports apparel store near here that might have something.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Because you can sew...

Make your own Snuggie

Polarfleece is on sale at Joann, and it appears to be a quick project with only four seams.

Thanks so much for this. I did make him a Snuggie (although I did it yeaterday, post-Christmas because there was too much else to prepare before Christmas). It turned out cute and is warm and awesome. It is a "Fruit Loops" fleece print, complete with the tucan character. :)
  • Like 7