Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search
Sign in to follow this  
silver

Printable Preschool "Worksheets"

My preschooler really wants to be like her big siblings and do school. Some days when she asks, I have time to sit and do an activity with her. But sometimes she asks during a math lesson with one of the big kids. She does like the occasional worksheet as it reminders her of her siblings' school work, so I'm looking for worksheets that she can do while sitting next to me, but without my guiding her step by step. I can take the time to explain the worksheet ("start the maze here, exit here" or "circle all the letter a's").

She can recognize her digits 0-9 and is learning her letters. Fine motor skills are OK for her age, but not advanced enough for things like independent handwriting worksheets or anything. I'd prefer black and white, because we don't have a color printer. I'm willing to pay a small amount for very well done worksheets, but I'm not really looking for a full "curriculum" of worksheets as I only do school when she asks at this age. 

Thanks!

When our littlest was just tagging along, I found some good worksheets for him worksheetfun.com and at education.com. Both websites are kind of a pain to navigate, though. If you're not concerned about covering material in a systematic way, it would be easier to just buy one of those giant preschool skills workbooks.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if it's still there, but 6 or 7 years ago starfall.com had free letter worksheets that you could print. They were basic tracing the letter, circling all the letters, etc. I like schoolzone workbooks as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, starfall has good worksheets, if you have a membership. 

Also, I've just started the 3 year old on school. We pick books from the Before Five in a Row curriculum and usually other homeschoolers have made great resources to go with them. Like we just did Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? And I used parts of this and this. I just print off what I think would be good for him. Corduroy is next!

Sorry if that's a little more involved than you're looking for though...my DD at that age also just loved generic preschool workbooks from WalMart and Barnes and Noble.

Edited by Sk8ermaiden
  • Like 1

I am using rod and staff preschool workbooks with my twins. They love the feeling that they are doing school. And it is training them to sit for a amount of time etc.

We also do reading eggs- with the subscription comes a link where there are printable worksheets that can be used with the lessons