Menu

Favorite Story Collections For PK-2nd

Slache

Space is an issue for us so I like having one book with lots of stories in it.

We own:

The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury

Make Way For McCloskey

Harper Collins Treasury of Picture Book Classics

Beatrix Potter

Just So Stories

A Children't Book of Verses

Beautiful stories From Shakespeare

We want:

The Riverside Anthology of Children's Literature

The Aesop For Children

A Children's Book of Poems

Parables From Nature

What else do I want?

Do you live near a used book store? You can look for a set of Public School reading anthologies for 1st-2nd grade with a variety of stories in them.

I liked Houghton Mifflins Reading, Scott Foremans Reading Street and SRA Open Courts Reading also. They have trade books compiled into graded volumns and if you get them used.

• Like 2

Do you live near a used book store? You can look for a set of Public School reading anthologies for 1st-2nd grade with a variety of stories in them.

I liked Houghton Mifflins Reading, Scott Foremans Reading Street and SRA Open Courts Reading also. They have trade books compiled into graded volumns and if you get them used.

Just in general, I've found that the used good bookstores have compilations as a bargain.   It is like the people pricing can't imagine a kid's book selling for more $9.  So, no matter how big the book is, or how much it cost originally, that is the max price. So, a 4-book Dr. Seuss book will cost $9, and one of those books by itself will be $7.50, 

• Like 1

Just in general, I've found that the used good bookstores have compilations as a bargain. It is like the people pricing can't imagine a kid's book selling for more $9. So, no matter how big the book is, or how much it cost originally, that is the max price. So, a 4-book Dr. Seuss book will cost $9, and one of those books by itself will be $7.50,

Yep we have found some really good ones at the op shops. If you have a very specific one in mind maybe you won't find it but in general there are some really good ones available affordably.