Menu

Distal radius fracture, can't move fingers. Update in #10

38carrots

DD can't move pinky or thumb without quite extreme pain. She can't move the other fingers on her own, but she can move them with her other hand, with no pain.

DH took her to the ER 10 days ago when she broke it, so I don't have many details. She is in a hard "half-cast". She was told to see  a family dr in 3 weeks to remove the cast. She had quite severe pain in her arm for the first 8 days, but now the pain is gone.

I worry about her fingers. Is this normal?

Edited by 38carrots

It could be a muscle spasm or swelling and circulation issues. You're not going to know which without getting it looked st immediately, and the lattermost is very time sensitive. Does she still have a pulse in those fingers?

Take her in.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Thank you. I'm glad we took her to the ER. Turned out her cast didn't fit her properly and her fingers were swollen because of that. She's now in a new cast and can move her fingers!

Seemingly minor, but who knows how having swollen fingers for 3-4 weeks would've affected her hand. She's also much more comfortable now.

• Like 14