Menu

Christmas list :)

Slache

What are you getting the kids etc. for Christmas?

DS6: Starwars bed set, Mickey watch.

DD3: Frozen bed set, Minnie watch.

Both: Art supplies, indoor skydiving.

Baby: Our undying love.

DH: A robe, pajama pants and slippers.

MIL: No idea.

FIL: Booze.

Me: A Red's Jersey that I don't know about.

My dad: Air conditioner.

No idea! They get sooo much from relatives that every year I just want to get something consumable but I can't bring myself to do it. I'm due for a csection on January 2nd so I may suggest to dh that we plan 3 fun activities the week  after Christmas as their gifts so we don't accumulate more things.  So  maybe the aquarium, children's museum, and a trip to the movies.  Then we'll just have small things in their stockings that they can open

I'm thinking of getting all the grandparents a calendar with 365 photos of our family: https://www.socialprintstudio.com/calendar/

We only do stockings, plus we're taking a trip to Disney this year two weeks prior, so Christmas will be pretty low key.

3 yo: cloth butterfly dress up wings, lacing cards, dazzler ribbon, doll, hand puppets, glow bracelets.

DH: desk catapult, trilobite fossil, card game of some kind, scratch lottery tickets.

Me: Scratch lottery tickets, dark chocolate, not sure what else.

Edited by Epicurean
  • Like 1

All of my kids are getting pajama pants and calendars so far. Haven't gone much further than that, except one of my DDs asked for an apron, so both DDs are getting aprons (I've gotta get sewing!). Debating about making one for my almost 4yo DS too. We have one his size, but it's a hand-me-down and I think he'll want one when his sisters open theirs.

My 13 yo son is going to be the hardest to shop for this year. And DH who still has wrapped ties and tagged clothing from previous birthday/Christmas gifts. He bought himself one of those Christmas light projectors and says his gift is not having to hang lights this year LOL.

All the grandparents get calendars with pictures of the kids.

Oldest dd is going to England and France in February with friends so we are contributing to that trip, and then a Pikachu onesie.  She'll also get some stocking stuffers including a flipbelt.

Ds is getting the Dan TDM book, the new Wimpy Kid book, new bedding (Pokemon), a stuffed Ender Dragon, some clothes, a solar flashlight, a multi-tool, and Pokemon Moon (or Sun? I'll have to ask him which one he wants).

Younger dd is getting a stuffed trilobite, a solar flashlight, some Thea Stilton books (might be gift card since it's hard to keep up with what she has), some clothes.  Still looking for more ideas for her.

I'm hoping to get a new leather backpack to use as a purse.  I had one years ago that was a gift from an old boss when I went back to school.  It got moldy in our garage and had to be thrown out.

Same as the last thread for me, I'll pretty much just be browsing these sites and buying as I go. Not much of a planner. 

Etsy has an awesome page for Xmas stuff.

I've already been addicted to this site, and they are adding more stuff each day.

Amazon as always --> Goldbox, Daily Deals, etc.

And I"m going to make as many gifts as possible. And probably do at least one custom photo gift from shutterfly.

Edited by HomeMum

I have to talk to my dh about it.  I kind of figure she we are paying for everyone to fly out to Az for my middle child's graduation and vacation (going to Grand Canyon) plus paying for hotel rooms, car rentals, and dining, that counts as a Christmas present to all.  Youngest and dh will have birthdays there but we won't give them their gifts there.  But I am good with giving a small gift to each and being done since we have the vacation.  But dh and I haven't discussed it.

I love this idea! Is it a fortune?

Not at all.  We usually order them from Shutterfly and they almost always have deals in November.  Right now, 12 x 12 wall calendars are $34.99 but there's a deal for 40% off everything.

ETA:  We do this because all the grandparents (three sets) have more than enough stuff, don't really eat out or want gift cards but love pictures of the kids.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 1