Menu

Has anyone had their son/daughter take classes at Western Govenor's University?

Prairie~Phlox

I knew a mom who took classes there when it first started, but I don't know if this information is still current.

She found the school strongly encouraged rapid, perhaps shallow learning. As soon as she had enough points to pass a class, she was pressured to leave the rest of it undone and move on to the next one. They wanted her to finish fast.

Like I said, this information may be out of date. So, check with other students if you can.

• Like 1

I did a master's degree with WGU.

It is an efficient and inexpensive way to get an accreditted degree for a student who is comfortable working mostly independently. Courses from WGU may not transfer to other schools and I know some students (not all) have had trouble with graduate school applications because WGU classes are pass/fail so you don't get a traditional GPA.

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

I did a master's degree with WGU.

It is an efficient and inexpensive way to get an accredited degree for a student who is comfortable working mostly independently. Courses from WGU may not transfer to other schools and I know some students (not all) have had trouble with graduate school applications because WGU classes are pass/fail so you don't get a traditional GPA.

This is what I've heard as well. Unfortunately sometimes you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

I just read this topic and now the advertisement that runs across the banner of another website is for WGU.  Has anyone else had something like this happen? 

I know if a go to a particular site, I am likely to get ads for that company pop up as I browse the internet, but I did not click any WGU link.  Maybe it is just a coincidence?