Menu

good middle-school documentaries on Netflix?

I just looked up a bunch we've watched on Netflix over the years like Please Vote for Me, Objectified, Paper Clips, Between the Folds, On the Way to School... and none of them are there! Ack. 

However, The Story of Maths is still there and it's EXCELLENT. And the same guy did a Secret Life of Algorithms which was also great that we liked.

And a lot of the BBC Nature stuff is still there and that stuff is great. Also, there was a series from the BBC just called Egypt that my kids enjoyed that covered the history of early archaeology in Egypt in three parts.

I'd be curious if there's anything offbeat and excellent on there anymore. 

Edited by Farrar

Just added Story of Maths  and the Cosmos series to our list - thanks! (Apologies for no links - I don't know how to link Netflix shows here.)

Just started Blue Planet: Natural History of the Oceans (will try to remember to report back later).

We also found . . . (but have not watched yet)

Ken Burns - The Roosevelts

American Genius

Monumental Mysteries (this looks kind of like Mysteries at the Museum, which we loved)

Space Race (we *love* dramatized stories from history!)

Rocket Men

The Truth Behind _____ (Dead Sea Scrolls, Crop Circles, etc. - looks interesting)

Polar Bear: Spy on the Ice

Secret Rules of Modern Living: Algorithms

Secrets of the Solar System

This will keep us busy for a while!

(By the way, if you've never seen Between the Folds or Building the Great Cathedrals, those are 2 of our all-time favorites!)