Menu

Walking Dead Discussion - Season 7 Opener

poppy

Hey, these are the same people who never have a "meet-up" place set up.

When that prison fell, they all got scattered. Huh? Why didn't they have a "if something happens, we'll all meet at X. If X is bad, we'll meet at Y. If Y is bad, we'll meet at Z."

I mean, twenty years ago, I made a meet up place with my husband and best friend. "If the nuclear bombs hit us and we're all separated, make your way to where the Rite Aid is/was in Arbutus Maryland and at sunset every day be there until we all meet up." We made those plans well before any Zombies were on the scene.

So, these guys aren't really good at planning ahead are they?

Edited by Garga
  • Like 3

Someone posted a spoiler image on my FB feed. I hope it's fake. Ugh.

Since we're talking about all these things the characters should have/could have done like make a meeting spot, why didn't Rick's group get more info on Negan? I'm agreeing with the thoughts above... find out that one place is an outpost vs hub, etc. I mean I guess there wasn't a whole lot of time to talk since Rick's group killed lots of people swiftly, but I dunno, I'd think that I might chat up the lady with the bad cough or something. "So, what's this Negan guy look like, anyway? How many of there are you?" I don't know, maybe that was too dangerous. But at that point they probably thought Carol was a dead man walking so maybe they would have shared.

No more bazookas, huh? lol

I had forgotten the term Saviors. I did a quick google search and somewhere on the TV wikia page it says they are opposed to rape. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Saviors_(TV_Series)Dh thought that they made their women prostitutes. I don't know what he heard in the show that I missed that made him think that. Any one else know?

Same. I was just trying to say that not only did they jump around in time, they added in things that didn't even happen. For those covering their eyes through most of it, it could have been confusing and a way to drag out who Neegan killed even further.

I also think they filmed everyone getting shot to trick people who might leak spoilers. And having done all that - with lighting and bloody effects and everything - they found a way to use it.

• Like 3

Someone posted a spoiler image on my FB feed. I hope it's fake. Ugh.

Since we're talking about all these things the characters should have/could have done like make a meeting spot, why didn't Rick's group get more info on Negan? I'm agreeing with the thoughts above... find out that one place is an outpost vs hub, etc. I mean I guess there wasn't a whole lot of time to talk since Rick's group killed lots of people swiftly, but I dunno, I'd think that I might chat up the lady with the bad cough or something. "So, what's this Negan guy look like, anyway? How many of there are you?" I don't know, maybe that was too dangerous. But at that point they probably thought Carol was a dead man walking so maybe they would have shared.

No more bazookas, huh? lol

I had forgotten the term Saviors. I did a quick google search and somewhere on the TV wikia page it says they are opposed to rape. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Saviors_(TV_Series)Dh thought that they made their women prostitutes. I don't know what he heard in the show that I missed that made him think that. Any one else know?

I think that idea was thrown around when Daryl was dealing with the face scar guy and the 2 women in the forest. They said some things that implied sexual exchanges were part of the deal. But that guy is with Negan. He has a name....Dwight? IDK.

• Like 1

Still trying to figure out how eating something affected by zombies affects you. We never got that completely answered via Bob. Now this is via the pigs.

I heard Ezekiel say that the tiger eats a lot, but I'm not sure I understand how they keep it fed.

Can they really afford to give up that many pigs? How often do they do that? How fast do pigs grow? I'm not used to seeing animals in the show so this was kinda weird. And all those horses! Wow.

I'm glad Carol was called out. I was like, "she didn't do a good job of seeming sincere." They did that on purpose I guess.

At first dh and I were thinking that the show had taken a really bizarre turn, with the tiger and all. By the end, when Ezekiel explained himself, it didn't seem so weird. Carol seemed more like herself. I felt like the end of last season's storyline was way out of character for her.

I like the kingdom story line way better than the saviors. I haven't decided if I'm watching next week. I think I may just read a recap and call it good. I'm not really interested in spending an entire episode with the saviors.

• Like 1

At first dh and I were thinking that the show had taken a really bizarre turn, with the tiger and all. By the end, when Ezekiel explained himself, it didn't seem so weird. Carol seemed more like herself. I felt like the end of last season's storyline was way out of character for her.

I like the kingdom story line way better than the saviors. I haven't decided if I'm watching next week. I think I may just read a recap and call it good. I'm not really interested in spending an entire episode with the saviors.

:iagree: