Menu

Thirty-five, with fine lines and acne :(

AnnE-girl

What do I do to deal with this fun combination? I don't wear much makeup besides a BB cream and occasionally moisturizer with sunscreen, but all of the sudden I'm looking old and tired. I bought a night cream that left my skin a bit more dewy this morning, but I'm worried it will worsen my fairly minor acne. I haven't been using any acne treatment since getting pregnant last year, but I probably should start using something again. I use a tea tree oil face wash. Does apple cider vinegar as toner actually help? Cutting back on dairy and sugar? Tell me what to try! Please?

Are retinoids safe if I were to get pregnant again?

I'm not a doctor, but my advice (from my doctor) was to just discontinue use while pregnant. (Just to be safe) According to the RX insert, 'No studies have been conducted in humans to establish the safety...'

Are retinoids safe if I were to get pregnant again?

My dermatologist says no to retinoids while pregnant and nursing.

I think the best thing you could do is go to a good dermatologist. It's a good idea to get a skin check (for skin cancer) anyway, and for skin advice, better a professional in person than people on a message board (no matter how super powerful and knowledgeable the message board).

Edited by bibiche

My dermatologist says no to retinoids while pregnant and nursing.

I think the best thing you could do is go to a good dermatologist. It's a good idea to get a skin check (for skin cancer) anyway, and for skin advice, better a professional in person than people on a message board (no matter how super powerful and knowledgeable the message board).

You mean the Hive doesn't have all the answers?!? I know I should go for a skin check, too. I keep putting it off, which I know isn't a very smart thing to do.

• Like 1