Menu

Sams or Costco?

Sams or Costco?  

1. 1. Sams or Costco?

• Sams
    • Costco

I have both and use them for different reasons. Costco is the more expensive of the two, but does have more organic and higher end selections.

Whereas Sams' carries, Colgate, Crest, Mentadent, etc., Costco carries Colgate extra whitening (which we cannot use). Sam's carries Huggies and Pampers, Costco carries one or the other. That kind of thing.

Have you had a chance to walk through them both? That may help make the choice.

Good luck!

I've shopped with both in the past. We're a Costco only family now.

In general Costco merchandise is superior in quality to the comparable product at Sam's. Costco targets a higher income demographic than Sam's Club, although Sam's Club has been trying to change that for the last decade.

I"m doing more buying at Sam's these days... except for meat, cheese, butter & juice - those are still at Costco.

Recently i've been noticing that the Costco i shop at most of the time has drifted from "restaurant supply" to, well, selective bulk items and more of their own stuff. So as i'm trying to cost costs in some areas - the stuff i can get at Sam's makes more sense.

I won't give up my Costco membership yet, but with Sam's opening soon 1.86 miles from my house, and Costco being 56 miles away.....

My suggestion is to make a list of things you would like to buy in "bulk", and get a 1 day pass to each and take the time to see who has what you buy.

I would strongly suggest to NOT make that choice based on items in the health/beauty department. Those items rotate. I can't buy "my" toothpaste at either now.... sigh....

But really, only YOU can make that choice for what you shop for!