Menu

How do you get the very last in a vial of medicine. . .

Jean in Newcastle

The only way I know to do it (and this is from the standpoint of working in a lab--so no experience with injections) is to collect the fluid in the corner of the vial and suck it up--but you can't really do that if you have to stick the needle through the stopper.

• Like 1

The only way I know to do it (and this is from the standpoint of working in a lab--so no experience with injections) is to collect the fluid in the corner of the vial and suck it up--but you can't really do that if you have to stick the needle through the stopper.

That's what I ended up doing but I had to manipulate the needle so that it was angled and pulled back enough so that it could get to the liquid.  It still left some very expensive stuff in there that I can't get to, but I don't think I can help that. 

We use the inner caps that allow us to draw into the syringe with the bottle upside down. I've never tossed a dose (son can't take pills, so we use a liquid formulation of his meds.). If there's a partial dose left in the bottle, I remove the inner cap and drain it into the new bottle.

I don't know the technical terms for which I speak, my husband just gets it at his work and I'm all like "cool cap type thingy".

Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 1