Menu

Covering textbooks

Andani

My kids will be coming home in a few weeks with school-issued books. When I was a student years ago, we covered our books with paper grocery bags and decorated them. Is this still acceptable, or do people now buy book covers? What do you do for your children?

Thanks!

• Like 2

I know the stores sell book covers. 

I still like the brown sack covered books that I could decorate myself. 

The covers got ratty on some of our reference books (history & Science). I covered 'em just like the old days & let the kids go at 'em with markers. They always give me a smile to see on & off the shelf.

• Like 2

Schools seem to want kids to use Book Sox now a days. They are stretchy spandex-type book covers, that come in bright colors.

Eeew. I hate those-they are always popping off like a cheap fitted sheet.

I have a roll of heavy white paper... We used it like the old paper bag covers, but looked cleaner and showed off artwork better.

Depends on the school.

We have had some schools that didn't require covers, some that put the on the school supply lists (but didn't usually specify size GRR) and schools that happy with paper bag covers.  DD always preferred the paper bag covers so she could draw on them. 

• Like 1