Menu

Not sure how to count these calories...

Tiramisu

Uncooked dough = freebies. :D. If you chase it with a carrot stick, it actually counts as a calorie deficit. At least, that's what I do. ;)

• Like 8

Was there any chocolate in it? I'm pretty sure the calories don't count for anything with chocolate.

Oh, or if you were making cookies with a child. If it's part of a bonding activity with your child, the calories don't count.

If neither of those fits, let me know the circumstances, and I can explain why the calories don't count in your case. ;)

• Like 6

If you seriously want to know, 1 homemade cookie has about 100 calories for most of my recipes (modest size cookie scoop--48 cookies per Toll House batch for instance). When you've eaten a scoop's worth of dough, count it as a cookie. That's a lot of finger swipes on the beater, but if you're eating it by the spoonful, watch out!

• Like 1

If you seriously want to know, 1 homemade cookie has about 100 calories for most of my recipes (modest size cookie scoop--48 cookies per Toll House batch for instance). When you've eaten a scoop's worth of dough, count it as a cookie. That's a lot of finger swipes on the beater, but if you're eating it by the spoonful, watch out!

This is why I hardly bake them, unless company is eating more than half of them. I have no willpower whatsoever against a well-made chocolate chip cookie. MMMMMMMM!

• Like 2

This is why I hardly bake them, unless company is eating more than half of them. I have no willpower whatsoever against a well-made chocolate chip cookie. MMMMMMMM!

Me too.  I can't bake because I end up more than half of what I make.  Yet, I have around 350 dessert recipes pinned and I have expired ingredients at home because I'm too afraid to actually make anything.   

For the OP, the dough can't have any calories yet because it's not a finished product?  Go with that?  

• Like 2

Just updating that eating all that cookie dough got me over that plateau I was on for the longest time. I woke up almost a pound lighter this morning. It must have been all the calories I burned shoveling the dough into my mouth.

I estimated that each cookie was a tablespoon of dough or less and guesstimated that way. Then I ate a lot of veggies for dinner and took a brisk walk before working out. So, all in all, it wasn't a complete disaster calorie-wise. And maybe my body just needed some good ole sugar and fat and chocolate. I've been so hungry lately.

• Like 5

Just updating that eating all that cookie dough got me over that plateau I was on for the longest time. I woke up almost a pound lighter this morning. It must have been all the calories I burned shoveling the dough into my mouth.

A lot of times when I was trying to lose weight and had hit a plateau, a maintenance (or higher, but not ridiculously high) day with higher carbs helped me break the plateau. Not completely sure why on the physiological reason. I've read some stuff about how possibly your body is pulling retained water from elsewhere into your intestines to help digest the carbs, but I'm not sure if that's real science or broscience -- regardless of the reason why, it happened to me a lot. 

A lot of times when I was trying to lose weight and had hit a plateau, a maintenance (or higher, but not ridiculously high) day with higher carbs helped me break the plateau. Not completely sure why on the physiological reason. I've read some stuff about how possibly your body is pulling retained water from elsewhere into your intestines to help digest the carbs, but I'm not sure if that's real science or broscience -- regardless of the reason why, it happened to me a lot.

I'm another pound lower this morning...maybe something like what you described happened. I'm now closer to where I should be based on my calorie deficit. And it's not just the regular water weight loss because I've been eating salty, drinking a lot of water, and I'm at the high point in my circle for water retention.