Menu

I'd like to subscribe to some news magazines.....suggestions?

I'm not terribly thrilled with all of the left/right leaning sources on the internet, and we don't have cable (not that those are any more neutral...).

I'd like to subscribe to a couple of news magazines (Newsweek, US News, etc) but I definitely want something with totally neutral viewpoints. Any suggestions?

I'd like to subscribe to a couple of news magazines (Newsweek, US News, etc) but I definitely want something with totally neutral viewpoints. Any suggestions?

The Economist has editorials, and they believe in venture capitalism, so they aren't neutral, but a whole lot of people from both sides of the spectrum read it and respect it. I've often said my habit of trying to read it every week for the last 17 years is the single most self-improving thing I've done.

Yeah, what she said. :D It's *expensive.* I wish I knew someone other than my own egghead self who wanted to split a subscription with me, but no one around here is interested.

Put up a notice at the library. Ask the library to carry it. I give my copies away at work, when I'm done.

I'd second (third? fourth?) The Economist (even though I haven't had a subscription for a while). I liked that the coverage had a more European viewpoint, so I could put it together with U.S. sources and get what I felt was reasonably balanced viewpoint -- not to mention that I liked coverage of international news of the sort that did not have a direct effect on U.S.

The Economist also has a website. BBC has good websites too (for many different countries).

Edited by Alessandra