Menu

Any Reason to Keep Algebra I Book?

I sold all of mine.  A couple of my kids needed to refresh their Algebra skills for a college entrance exam, but the textbook would have been way to much.  I got shorter books whose whole purpose was to be an Algebra refresher, and they were just what we needed.

• Like 2

OP: Everything is based on Algebra 1.  One of my childhood friends told me this story, years ago. He was a young Electrical Engineer, with several years of experience on the job. He had a problem.he was struggling to solve.  He told me that he had to go all the way back to basic Physics, and that's where the solution to the problem was.   Keep the Algebra 1 textbook. Sell something else.  He may, at some point in time, want to refer to the Algebra 1 textbook. 

• Like 2

I would never sell a copy of Jacobs Algebra. It's a classic and it's out of print.

That said, it is good to keep math books around for reference.

Actually, Master Books got the rights to reprint Jacob's Algebra. It's coming out in Sept for $99.

• Like 1