Menu

Is anyone else trying to lose weight this summer?

IfIOnly

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's eating 4 fried (in GOOD for you oil) corn tortillas a day, 1/4 cup cream (coconut, but I'd be doing full fat dairy cream if I didn't have allergies ;)) in my coffee, avocado, olives, and other healthy fats. Fats don't make you fat. ;)

5% of my starting body weight.  I've lost about 9 lbs.  It's one of the things you get acknowledged for in Weight Watchers.  I'm about 20 lbs from my goal weight, but the lowest weight I've been in years.  I already feel a ton better.

• Like 5

I wanted drown my crappy day ice cream for dinner, and it was awesome. Coconut based. I are half a can of olives/extra fat and fish oil after it to slow the sugar rush of course. ;) I'd already met my protein need for the day, didn't exceed my calorie limit, and only went 5 grams over my carb goal. Could have been worse.

• Like 1

I'm down 35 pounds now since April 11. I haven't seen these scale numbers since before I got pregnant with #4 (who will be 11 in October). I feel so much better - stronger, faster, fitter. 

I still think the biggest factor for me has been careful tracking of weight, exercise, and calories.  I use the Lose It app on my phone and I also have a Fitbit so I track my steps. 

• Like 7

Joining in. I have lost 4.5 pounds so far by just watching what I eat more carefully and walking daily. I will add in the gym for strength soon once we are in a better routine so I will actually go. It is hard - let's keep encouraging each other with the success stories. 

• Like 4

I'm down 35 pounds now since April 11. I haven't seen these scale numbers since before I got pregnant with #4 (who will be 11 in October). I feel so much better - stronger, faster, fitter. 

I still think the biggest factor for me has been careful tracking of weight, exercise, and calories.  I use the Lose It app on my phone and I also have a Fitbit so I track my steps. 

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

This is an awesome accomplishment!

• Like 1

I just started--I'm on day 3.  Trying to lose the weight I lost last year and then more to go after that. I'm not even thinking of the total amount I need to lose. 

I'm doing South Beach but I will probably keep going with stage 1 longer than the two weeks they recommend.  Stage 1 is where you consume the least amount of carbs before you start adding them back in.   But since I know that diet like the back of my hand, it's one I can do without thinking about it. 

• Like 1

:seeya: Down 18 pounds since April! Had a come to Jesus moment early April when I was very short of breath without a cold that required ER visit. Did high fat low carb  moderate protein for about a week to start then went to moderate carb moderate protein moderate fat diet. I do use premier protein bars or shakes as a snack or meal once a day and eat about 1500 calories. Added increase in activity and so far it has been coming off easily without feeling deprived.

• Like 5

I'm just coming across this thread for the first time and wanted to chime in: We started on Trim Healthy Mama at the end of January (hubby agreed to try it out with me). Mid-February, we modified to Nutritional Ketosis and have felt great! We've lost 50lbs together (I've got about 10 more to go to be at my body set weight). I also really appreciate Intermittent Fasting and Dr. Fung's research.

I've never stuck with any plan in the past, but this time, the science behind hormones has really shifted my mindset. I look at foods and see "insulin trigger" and "not an insulin trigger". I've been a bit extreme with it while hubby has been more liberal. C'est la vie. We're doing well and our health has improved dramatically. That's what matters to me the most!

• Like 4

I just started--I'm on day 3.  Trying to lose the weight I lost last year and then more to go after that. I'm not even thinking of the total amount I need to lose. 

I'm doing South Beach but I will probably keep going with stage 1 longer than the two weeks they recommend.  Stage 1 is where you consume the least amount of carbs before you start adding them back in.   But since I know that diet like the back of my hand, it's one I can do without thinking about it.

I've heard good things about SB!

I'm just coming across this thread for the first time and wanted to chime in: We started on Trim Healthy Mama at the end of January (hubby agreed to try it out with me). Mid-February, we modified to Nutritional Ketosis and have felt great! We've lost 50lbs together (I've got about 10 more to go to be at my body set weight). I also really appreciate Intermittent Fasting and Dr. Fung's research.

I've never stuck with any plan in the past, but this time, the science behind hormones has really shifted my mindset. I look at foods and see "insulin trigger" and "not an insulin trigger". I've been a bit extreme with it while hubby has been more liberal. C'est la vie. We're doing well and our health has improved dramatically. That's what matters to me the most!

Wow, that's great and inspiring!

I'd like to learn more about insulin trigger foods, so that when I lose the weight, how I might possobly incoporate them in moderation and food combining so as to not raise insulin.