Menu

AP Exam Scores (earliest July 5)

DS made a 5 on Calc AB. Yay! 

Does anyone know how long it takes for the AP scores to reach the respective universities? My son put his school's CB code on the AP exam, so the score should be sent automatically by the CB, right? He is anxious to try to switch from the Calc 1 he registered for at orientation to Calc 2. 

• Like 10

My 9th grade dd received a 4 on the Human Geography.  She was thrilled.  She was really overwhelmed by the whole timed test process but pulled it off.  She felt like she did really well on the multiple choice but panicked on the essays.   Great first experience for her - she hasn't taken the PSAT or SAT yet. 

• Like 6

DS made a 5 on Calc AB. Yay! 

Does anyone know how long it takes for the AP scores to reach the respective universities? My son put his school's CB code on the AP exam, so the score should be sent automatically by the CB, right? He is anxious to try to switch from the Calc 1 he registered for at orientation to Calc 2. 

After you log in to view the scores, you can click on "Your past score orders" at the top between "Help" and "Download score report". It should show you the institution name and send date under the first tab "My Scores Sent to Colleges".  

ETA: The send date on DC's scores is "6/24/2016". I guess you can also check your college's website. DC's college website said the scores will show in mid-Aug.

Edited by JoanHomeEd
  • Like 2

After you log in to view the scores, you can click on "Your past score orders" at the top between "Help" and "Download score report". It should show you the institution name and send date under the first tab "My Scores Sent to Colleges".  

ETA: The send date on DC's scores is "6/24/2016". I guess you can also check your college's website. DC's college website said the scores will show in mid-Aug.

Thank you!

I checked and the send date on my ds's was also 6/24. My son emailed his advisor (she had told him at orientation to do this), and she entered the Calc I prereq for him so that he could register for Calc II. Very helpful and nice! 

• Like 5

Did your guys do the US History exam this year?  I am dying to talk about that test and all of the hype regarding it.

I didn't have students who took APUSH this year, so would also love to hear about student & instructor experiences from y'all.

See all score distributions here: https://apscore.collegeboard.org/scores/about-ap-scores/score-distributions?excmpid=SM51-PR-1-tw

In 2015, a score of 5 was earned by 9.4% of the APUSH exam takers.   Looks like that went up to 11.7% this May.

So, despite the deep, deep worries about APUSH scoring ("contextualization" especially?), exams scores looked good this year.  I can't figure out how to embed Trevor Packer's 6/21 tweets or images of them, so will paste these three I picked (see AP_Trevor at Twitter):

• "AP US History students/teachers have perhaps achieved biggest score increases of any subject so far this yr, also w/25K more students. Wow."
  • "2016 AP US History scores: 5: 11.7%; 4: 17.9%; 3: 22.5%; 2: 23.4%; 1: 24.5%."
  • "1 AP US History student, out of ~500,000, earned a perfect score of 130/130 pts; first time we have seen that achievement in many years."

Good discussion on the College Board's AP teacher community about scoring the AP US History essays.  Test revisions will always be a pain for any number of reasons, I guess, both good and bad. 

I'll throw out my two cents on some of that (and related) discussions.  (1)  I do think AP courses themselves can be super, with or without the exam; (2) I remain willing to teach the gamesmanship and approaches needed for students to show well on those exams; and (3) I don't think that doing both is a disservice at all.  Not one bit.  AP isn't the end-all-and-be-all and won't cure cancer, but I think it can be a great part of this nutritious breakfast.

• Like 6

Your daughter joined the study group that my daughter organized - so glad to hear she did so well too!  I'll let my daughter know :)

The study group was a great idea - dd really enjoyed it!  She felt badly sometimes - our (very) rural internet connection is sketchy at the best of times and I think dd had some trouble with the connection dropping out during the Skype sessions but she loved being able to talk to some of the other students in the class. :)  Congrats to your daughter!

• Like 3