Menu

Refrigerator Recommendations?

Garga

Our fridge is dying. Anyone have any recs for a new fridge? We don't need a lot of bells and whistles, though my dh and ds would like an ice dispenser that crushes ice and a water dispenser.

Other than that, I think all we need is for the food to stay cold. And we don't want to spend a lot of money, of course.

I hate, hate, hate by GE side by side with ice and water in the door. It runs great and ice and water is wonderful but I HATE the side by side thing....no room for anything in either side.

We got this one as it was the ONLY model that would fit in our narrow opening that had ice and water in the door. Never again though.

Samsung. 

I did a lot of research when renovating our kitchen, and I chose a Samsung French Door fridge. Love it. 18 months so far and no problems. Ours wasn't inexpensive, but I got the largest one they make with all the bells and whistles. A smaller one with fewer bells and whistles might be more affordable. 

We got a Whirlpool 25CuFt Side-by-Side Stainless Steel Refrigerator - Item# 776560  from Costco and it's been very good.  It's a side by side with an ice/water dispenser.   (Costco doubles the warranty to two years.  Plus they deliver, remove the old fridge, and hook up the new.)  Is it the best fridge ever? No, but for a little more than $1000, it's just fine.

Edited by umsami

Samsung. 

I did a lot of research when renovating our kitchen, and I chose a Samsung French Door fridge. Love it. 18 months so far and no problems. Ours wasn't inexpensive, but I got the largest one they make with all the bells and whistles. A smaller one with fewer bells and whistles might be more affordable. 

We have a similar model but smaller, without all the bells and whistles.  :)

I love it, except for the icemaker. We have issues with it getting jammed. It's not even an in-door one either. 

• Like 1