Menu

Woohoo!!! Go Cavs!!!

Moxie

Awesome game and so excited for the win! My dh's family are all long-term Cleveland fans, so they are just ecstatic as you can imagine. My 12 yo ds has inherited his father's love for all things Cleveland and since basketball is his favorite sport, he was over the moon when they won. I actually took a video of him at the very end because he was going crazy and it was so funny.

As NE Ohioans, we should have been all revved up about the game, but were both reading in bed last night. Ram Man got a text about the Cavs winning and told me. He couldn't have handled the heartbreak if they had lost, so we avoided it altogether. He is really hoping for the Indians to do well.

As NE Ohioans, we should have been all revved up about the game, but were both reading in bed last night. Ram Man got a text about the Cavs winning and told me. He couldn't have handled the heartbreak if they had lost, so we avoided it altogether. He is really hoping for the Indians to do well.

DH is convinced that, since the curse is now broken, this will be a great year for the Indians. We'll see!

• Like 4

Aw, I'm sad the Warriors lost. I don't really care all that much about basketball, but Steve Kerr was always my favorite Bulls player in the 90s.

Steve Kerr is a class act.  We were rooting for the Warriors during the rest of the playoffs but I'm happy for Cleveland.

This is how I felt as well.  After suffering through The Drive, The Fumble, and all the rest, I stayed away from the tv until I could no longer ignore the cheers from the other room.  I watched the last two minutes, convinced that somehow they would lose. 

Now that the curse is broken, I am also hoping that the Indians have a chance this year.

Watching the news of the fans downtown last night reminded me of the movie Major League - I loved that movie and have watched it with my kids many times over the years.

• Like 3

Our city is so excited, emotional, and relieved. LOL  LOTS of happy tears in CLE last night and today!!!  Even though there were some tussles and tense moments between players, I thought both teams were pretty classy.  Draymond Green was one of the last or the last of his team to go to the locker room afterwards because he stayed on the floor to congratulate our guys which was impressive.  

It can be tough to be a Cleveland sports fan and, while I hate to say anyone "deserves" a win because it should be earned, I think this WAS earned and our fans have been loyal (in all sports) for many, many years!!

Thanks to the Warriors for an amazing series!

• Like 6

This is how I felt as well.  After suffering through The Drive, The Fumble, and all the rest, I stayed away from the tv until I could no longer ignore the cheers from the other room.  I watched the last two minutes, convinced that somehow they would lose

Now that the curse is broken, I am also hoping that the Indians have a chance this year.

Watching the news of the fans downtown last night reminded me of the movie Major League - I loved that movie and have watched it with my kids many times over the years.

I've been listening to ESPN radio this morning and they were joking about that.  They said the people of Cleveland are probably still today expecting something to happen and for it to be taken away.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 3

I've been listening to ESPN radio this morning and they were joking about that. They said the people of Cleveland are probably still today expecting something to happen and for it to be taken away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When LaBron fell, I thought "There you go, that is how we lose this one".

• Like 3

Cleveland had 1.3 million people downtown for the parade yesterday! That's a long overdue party!

I saw a tweet that said "all 45 missing children at the parade have been reunited with their families". Can you imagine losing a child in that mess?!? Terrifying.

• Like 1

Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, The Decision, the 95 World Series, the 97 World Series ... 52 years of heartbreak ... So happy that the curse is finally broken! I watched the 7th game through my fingers and have been partying vicariously through my family in Cleveland ever since. 

:party:

When LaBron fell, I thought "There you go, that is how we lose this one".

I thought it was going to live in Cleveland infamy as "The Fall" or the "The Break" (if he would have broken his wrist). The 30 for 30 documentary was already running through my mind. Now if only the Browns can get it together!