Menu

Resources for tacking chores?

Mabelen

Thanks for the tips. I have looked around quickly. I think those resources will be very helpful for getting better organized myself. I will definitely be using them.

Right now what I most need is a breakdown list of things to do in each room to hand over to my college daughter. I want to detach myself as much from the equation as possible. Something like a detailed list of daily or weekly cleaning that she can follow and check off as she does each thing. I can't do anything about the cleaning or lack there of she does at college, but I do care about what happens when she is home, lol!

I never found exactly what I needed so I made my own when my oldest kids were able to help with housework. 

I used 4 by 6 index cards and did one per room. I divided the list into frequent, quarterly, and yearly tasks.  There was room to note dates of quarterly and yearly 'room service'.  It worked really well because each card could be taken and referred to. It took a while to make each card- I didn't do them all at once, but  started with the rooms we used most often.