Menu

Is this possible? (RE: Facebook settings)

Pegasus

I'm not a heavy user of Facebook. I just want to check in occasionally and see what the few family/friends that I have linked to are up to.  Is there a way to set it up so I only see what they POST and not what they like or comment on?  

I keep seeing this complaint and I am confused. Aren't all the likes and comments in that sidebar on the right (that I thought could be hidden?) and only on the desktop version? Is that what is bugging people? Otherwise I may see a handful of things people comment on or like in my newsfeed, but nothing that would make me complain. If you all are seeing a ton in your newsfeed, I must have figured out how to block it, but have no idea what I did!

ETA: I am not meaning to call you a complainer, OP, I get very irritated by stuff like this, but I am genuinely confused at what people don't like.

Edited by Guest

I just posted a thread on this a day or two ago.  :P  I also asked on the facebook support group.

Seems the only way to stop them is to click on each one you get (upper right arrow of post) and say you don't want to see any more posts from [page where friend saw the post].  So then the unwanted posts will gradually peter out.

• Like 1

I just posted a thread on this a day or two ago.  :p  I also asked on the facebook support group.

Seems the only way to stop them is to click on each one you get (upper right arrow of post) and say you don't want to see any more posts from [page where friend saw the post].  So then the unwanted posts will gradually peter out.

Yep, there is no setting to block those. I sure wish there was! I am sick of it. I have been doing what SKL posted forever now, and still get tons of it, because every time my fb friends "like" something from a new page, which is constantly, it shows up, and I have to block yet another page. And the really aggravating thing is that I  DON'T see many of the things they actually post! I have gone to their pages and seen a bunch of really great things (like pics of their kids, etc.) that stupid facebook didn't even include in my feed!

• Like 1

It's easy to do on a browser but harder on an app (if you're using a tablet or phone).

on a browser, I run FB Purity - a free extension that has tons of features & lets you turn off all sorts of things.

http://www.fbpurity.com/features.htm

I love FB Purity! It's the only thing that's keeps me being able to stand FB even a bit.