Menu

Graduation gifts

Is there no thread for this yet? Sorry if I missed it!

We have been invited to a few graduation open house/dinner type parties. What is an appropriate graduation gift? We are close with all the parents, not necessarily the kids. I would actually prefer to do money, but since we have multiple parties, our budget is really limited to about $20/kid. Is that a cheesy amount?

My dd is graduating this year and we will attend several parties.  I'm making these little pouches for my daughter and other girl grads, and I was planning to put in a little cash or gift card:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/160159330474103703/

I'm not sure about boys. Maybe a little leather card holder like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/160159330473869036/

I hope those links work.

Is there no thread for this yet? Sorry if I missed it!

We have been invited to a few graduation open house/dinner type parties. What is an appropriate graduation gift? We are close with all the parents, not necessarily the kids. I would actually prefer to do money, but since we have multiple parties, our budget is really limited to about $20/kid. Is that a cheesy amount?

$20 is perfectly fine! Thoughtful cute gifts are lovely, but honestly, money is needed, whether it's $5, $25, or $500+. Diamond used her graduation money to pay for her books. So even a $10 gift paid for an entire book that I found used online. 😄

Checks written for $20.16.

THIS!!! Makes it fun.

Yes, I nearly always write a check. Most of our family members and friends have struggled financially to raise their kids, and no matter what the post-high school plans, teens need money.

My oldest got a lot of checks and used them for some school clothes, college books, and some supplies he needed. Tuition was covered by scholarships and his parents (smile), but it was nice to have a little extra there for the rest.

Nieces and nephews who have gone into the military or straight to work have expenses too, of course!

I don't remember if it was someone here or on another group, but she posted the idea that if you're buying for girls, you can find Vera Bradley zippered keychain/id wallets on sale pretty often. She had quite a few to buy & bought them in bulk to save on shipping.

For example, this one is on sale for $8.40. You could then include a $10 bill in it.

But, I also really like the idea of a check for $20.16!