Menu

Cure me, please--loss of voice, crud in throat

Any natural remedies for

Slight fever

Loss of voice

A little crud in throat, but nothing coming up

General tiredness

Sounds viral to me, but I've been under stress and around tons of kids. Started with sore throat. Missed church today, but stood 8 hours yesterday at church fair, talking to people (had a great time, but came home and collapsed in bed).

Oh Chris! I'm so sorry- I'm at the end of that after being sick all week with an upper respiratory infection. I didn't try anything natural, just Mucinex, Halls Cough Drops (honey/lemon) and rest. Of course, I didn't get the Mucinex until I realized the Alka Seltzer that dh bought me (COLD formula) really wasn't helping.

It hit me Monday and now it's Sunday and I still feel sluggish, congestion and painful coughs. :grouphug: I haven't felt very hungry but generally when I get sick I eat more oranges, at least 2x a day and that seems to lessen the time. It's been a while since I've been sick this long.

I hope you feel better soon.

THanks everyone. I ended up getting some Vicks and some homeopathic zinc related stuff. Ds is getting sick, too, so I went with something he can use (he can't have any narcotics, alcohol or pseudophedrine). My voice is back at least!

I have to teach tomorrow, since I took off last Thurs.

I have the same thing!!! This morning I couldn't talk. I drink orange juice, rest, don't talk a lot (that one's hard for me! Dh probably enjoyed this morning ;)) and I should gargle with salt and water but haven't done it yet :tongue_smilie: