Menu

Tell me about your Mother's Day!

alisoncooks

Enjoying complete and utter silence. DH took the kids out so I could sit in my house and do whatever the heck I want to. Does that make me a bad mom for wanting a MD without kids?! I could care less ;)

I totally get this. The best MD would be a day without kids...next year I may go for it.

Church.

Middle son got up and made me pancakes.  

I still had to make b-fast for my SS class.  I made an egg and hash brown casserole.  Only about 1.3 pans were eaten (I made two) and the boys all asked if they could have THAT for lunch.  And since I knew there would be crowds, I opted for dinner brought in later and we had egg casserole for lunch.

But I spent the evening revising my resume, which needed to be done.

We started the day with church.  My mother came with us since the kids were singing (and we're trying to make sure she gets out, my stepdad just passed away) and we went over to her house after.  Dh cooked dinner - started with salad, followed by scallops wrapped in bacon, and finally seafood (lobster, shrimp, crap) gumbo with fresh bread.   DD came home from school for the day so we were all there.

I didn't get any gift or cards from the little guys (dh made a joke that they should have gotten their teacher to help them make something :001_rolleyes: ) but I got Barnes & Nobles gift cards from my mother and oldest dd, and a Cracker Barrel gift card from my dad (he came over for dinner Saturday night for his birthday).  Gift from dh was that amazing dinner, and a nice quiet relaxing day.

I had a wonderful day.  My youngest girls gave me a beautiful handmade card.  Dh, younger girls, and I met up with our older dd, her dh and mil and their family for a Mother's Day breakfast.  We then visited my mil who just celebrated her 94th birthday.  It was inspiring to see all her family that live locally dropping by to visit, and hearing the phone ring almost constantly with children, grandchildren, great grandchildren calling to wish her Happy Mother's Day.  Later I took a long walk with my dd and ended the day with strawberry shortcake, champagne, and a movie.  It was good.

• Like 1